Superintendent's Parent Forum
Parent Connection is a parent engagement group led by LBUSD Superintendent, Dr. Jill Baker Ed.D. Dr. Baker will engage with representatives of each school site, and lead a dialogue of current District issues, with a focus on the Learning Acceleration & Support Plan and efforts to enhance Wellness among students, staff and community. In addition, each meeting will feature essential updates about the District.
The Superintendent Parent Connection: Assumptions
- Parents/caregivers are their child’s first teachers.
- Each parent/caregiver wants their child to have a school experience characterized by high expectations and care.
- Students’ lives are enhanced when parents/caregivers are involved.
- A home - school connection fostered by teachers and school staff positively contributes to student success.
What will we focus on this year in the Parent Connection?
- Learning Acceleration & Support Plan
- Accessing Resources in Schools & Across LBUSD
- Wellness and Social-Emotional Learning
The Superintendent Parent Connection: Purpose
- Create opportunities for human connection between parents/caregivers, superintendent and district staff.
- Provide districtwide information for parents/caregivers to enhance access and connection to schools and district resources.
- Engage in two-way communication with parents/caregivers to inform continuous improvement efforts.